Sunless Spray Tanning
+ What is Sunless Spray tanning?
The ‘tan’ from most sunless tanners comes from the coloring agent dihydroxyacetone (DHA), a simple carbohydrate. DHA binds to the proteins on the skin’s surface, forming brownish melanin-like molecules called ‘melanoids’ that make the skin appear tan. Unlike UV, DHA does not penetrate beyond the skin surface. It is only active in the skins outermost layer.
+ Why choose Sunnatan Spray tan?
- Flawless airbrush tan
- Organic ingredients
- Green tea and essential oils
- Hides imperfections
- Zero chemicals
- Custom Blended
+ What do you mean by "rinse" and does the timing differ for a "Regular Tan" vs. a "Quickie Tan?"
Rinse Time: and we mean JUST RINSE. You're just getting the solution off your skin. Your tan is still developing so make sure you don't use any products (soaps, scrubs, etc) and don't make the water blazing hot or too cold. A nice lukewarm rinse to get the bronzers off and you'll be laughing.
Regular Tan: 8-12 hours post tan
Quickie Tan: your depth of color is customizable! You can rinse anywhere from 1-4 hours post tan.
Please note: that if you leave your tan on longer than your solution states, you'll be dancing with the Orange Devil.
+ Are you going on vacation soon?
If you plan on being in the ocean, pool or hot tub be sure to arm yourself with some of our touch up products; Keep Me Golden Spray or the Colour me Dark cream with a mitt. We customize your tan to match how your skin would naturally tan in the sun.
For most people, your skin is darker or closer to your spray tan color by day three of your vacation, so you won't notice the spray tan fading out as you begin to get more sun and darken naturally. BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!
Sunscreen is actually a great way to help protect your spray tan from fading from the pool chemicals or salt in the ocean.Since our tan is organic, lean more towards organic sunscreens as well. This way, you don't have to worry about the chemicals in sunscreen that aid in breaking down your tan.
If your vacation is just a quick getaway (Vegas anyone?) and you just want to look bomb for 3-4 days and don't care about the fading of your tan, go as dark as you'd like! Just let me know what your plans are, and we will sure you've got the right tan for the job!
+ How long does a Sunnatan Sunless Spray Tan last?
Sunnatan spray tan lasts between 5-10 days, beginning to fade evenly after 4-5 days. Best results are achieved when you have your tan 2 days before an event.
+ Will I be tanned right away?
Yes, however, the tan will continue to develop just past the 24-hour mark and then begin to fade slowly and evenly.
+ What should I wear to my tanning appointment?
You can wear loose, dark clothing to the appointment as there might be a little bit of color transference onto clothing within the first few hours.
+ How should I prepare for my Sunless Spray Tan?
- Don’t exfoliate or shower right before their appointment
- Make sure to be exfoliating regularly the week prior, to smooth the skin and get rid of any dry, flaky areas
- The day before your appointment, you can shower, shave, exfoliate and moisturize to best prepare the skin
- The same day you can have a quick rinse off but avoid applying any lotions or oils to the skin
+ What to wear during a session:
You can go naked, wear a swimsuit, or whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
+ How should I take care of my sunless tan?
- For the first 12 hours post-tan avoid any activity that would result in sweating.
- Wear loose, dark clothing to bed. The bronzer may rub off on your bedding and clothing; however, nothing will stain. MAXIMUM airbrush tan results can be expected when you let your tan develop for a full 24 hours.
- Do not shower for at least 12 hours post-tan. During this time scrub your palms only when washing your hands. Do not rest your fingertips on your face or body, and limit skin-to-skin physical contact with others (cuddling, breastfeeding) to avoid color transfer. The bronzer – not your tan - will rinse off in your first shower.
- You can still shave while you have a tan; however, we do not recommend doing it daily.
- Use our mild hydrating SunnaTan body wash, for the duration of your tan. Do not use soaps and body wash with synthetic fragrances containing alcohol.
- Use lotions that are without synthetic fragrance and alcohol.
- Pat your skin dry and avoid any excessive rubbing with your towel. Spray perfume on your clothes, rather than directly on your skin. Face cleansers and moisturizers containing salicylic acid and/ or benzoyl peroxide are not recommended.
- Moisturize twice a day with an alcohol-free, paraben-free lotion. Use SunnaTan skin care products to help extend the life of your tan and prep your skin for your next airbrush tan.
- Your tan does not protect you from the sun. Please use an alcohol-free sunscreen.
- When your tan is starting to fade, use exfoliators to help even out your skin tone.